Duration: 5 days
Like its precursor, this course focuses on practical concerns faced by the corporate IT developer. The primary case-study application connects popular mobile features such as maps and multimedia with a RESTful web service and a JPA persistence tier that connects to a fully-worked enterprise database (15 tables, 998 rows). The mobile side of the application includes 47 Java classes and 8 distinct activities. Supporting applications provide overlapping exercise in key techniques such as using asynchronous tasks, communicating with external applications, and error-handling.
• Store app-specific information in SQLite databases.
• Make remote connections using HTTP, XML, and JSON, and take advantage of mapping and other web services.
• Implement background work as asynchronous tasks.
• Implement Android services for asynchronous notification, and integrate these services with applications.
• Invoke external applications and services using implicit intents.
• Manage audio, photo, and video content, and integrate built-in media applications in your own Android applications.
• Integrate map views into your application, and provide custom overlays of map markers and other information.
• Publish to app markets.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies