Duration: 1 day
The MySQL Optimization Training course is aimed for both Database Developers and Administrators, and anyone involved in monitoring and optimizing MySQL. This course will provide students with the skills and tools for monitoring, analyzing and optimizing database performance.
• Develop a tuning strategy.
• Display knowledge of MySQL architecture.
• Display knowledge and ability to use diagnostic tools.
• Display knowledge and ability to use tuning tools.
• Write queries against the INFORMATION_SCHEMA database and be able to decipher the metadata obtained.
• Understand the relational database model and both the positive and negative implications on performance.
• Display, decipher and edit server configuration variables to improve performance of your applications.
• Display and analyze status variables to ensure that their applications are utilizing the settings in the most effective manner.
• Write queries that take advantage of the MySQL 5.0 performance enhancements dealing with queries and indexing.
• Decide which of the storage engines could be used in their specific application needs.
• Evaluate the application architecture for efficient design, structure, caching, number of connections and other factors affecting performance.
• Evaluate hardware and OS for effects on performance.
• Evaluate techniques for loading data into the database and effects on performance.
• Optimize at various levels - Installation, Databases and statements.
• Configure MySQL to optimize.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies