Duration: 2 days
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
This course is designed to provide foundational knowledge of federal accounting guidance, principles, and practices to facilitate the monitoring, reconciliation, adjustment, reporting, and compliance of Federal programs.
• Presentation of all parts of the SGL, including more in depth descriptions about how the
• accounts are used
• Accounting for moderately difficult direct appropriations and reimbursable work
• Accounting transactions and accounts used in federal agencies
• Practical exercises and case studies to reinforce course content
Specifically, we will practice applying transactions using the USSGL more advanced accounts and posting logic, such as:
• Unfunded liabilities and expenses
• Adjusting entries
• Upward and downward adjustments
• Payments with discounts
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers, financial managers, accountants.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies