Duration: 5 days
Microsoft’s .NET is a revolutionary advance in programming technology that greatly simplifies application development and is a good match for the emerging paradigm of Web-based services, as opposed to proprietary applications. Part of this technology is the new language from Microsoft, C#. This language combines the power of C++ and the ease of development of Visual Basic 6. It bears a striking resemblance to Java and improves on that language. C# has become the dominant language for building new applications on Microsoft platforms. This thorough and comprehensive course is a practical introduction to programming in C#, utilizing the services provided by .NET. This course emphasizes the C# language. It is current to Visual Studio 2017, .NET Framework 4.7 and C# 7.0. Important newer features such as dynamic data type, named and optional arguments, the use of variance in generic interfaces, asynchronous programming keywords, and tuples are covered in a final chapter. A supplement covers the fundamentals of Lan
uage Integrated Query (LINQ).
This course is intended to be fully accessible to programmers who do not already have a strong background in object-oriented programming in C-like languages, such as C++ or Java. It is ideal, for example, for procedural programmers who desire to learn C#.
• Acquire a working knowledge of C# programming.
• Learn how to implement programs using C# and classes from the .NET Framework.
• Learn how to implement simple GUI programs using Windows Forms.
• Gain a working knowledge of dynamic data type, named and optional arguments, and other new features in C# 4.0.
• Learn how to do asynchronous programming using new keywords in C# 5.0.
• Become aware of new features in C# 6.0 and C# 7.0.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies