Duration: 4 days
This Objective-C training class teaches the fundamentals of programming in Objective-C, the language used to develop iPhone and iPad applications. This course covers Xcode, the integrated development environment used to build Objective-C applications. Primitive and reference variables are covered as well as arithmetic operators, conditional processing, looping, and functions. The object-oriented nature of the language is presented as well as the Foundation framework. An introduction to the Cocoa framework and a discussion of a basic user interface for mobile devices are included. We will use Xcode built-in iPhone and iPad simulators for the exercises and demonstrations in the course. In this way, students get a feel for how iPhone and iPad application development works and will be ready to move on to our iOS Application Development class.
• Learn how to use Xcode to develop Objective-C programs.
• Learn how to define primitive and reference variables.
• Understand the use of arithmetic operators.
• Know how to write conditional and looping statements.
• Learn how to write and call a function.
• Understand the object-oriented features of Objective-C.
• Learn how to create objects and methods.
• Understand important classes in the Foundation framework.
• Learn how to build a basic user interface using the Cocoa framework
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies