Duration: 5 days
This Java training course is intended for students with experience in a procedural or object-oriented language. It covers most Java syntax elements, including recent additions such as Generics and AutoBoxing. In addition to the fundamental library classes that would be needed in any Java program, it also covers several other important APIs, including Collections and Streams.
The class introduces the concept of objects as one of the first topics, in order that the later concepts are covered with an OO perspective. The material is based on Java 5 and 6, but most concepts would apply in 1.4 as well.
• Learn how Java works.
• Understand the "write once, run anywhere" concept.
• Understand and learn how to create basic Java objeLearn how to implement flow-control concepts in Java.
• Understand Java's package concept and create packages of Java classes.
• Understand Java arrays and write code to create and use arrays.
• Learn how to write Java classes using inheritance.
• Learn how to create and use interfaces.
• Understand and use the concept of polymorphism in an application
• Understand how Java's exception-handling mechanism works and learn how to apply exception-handling to Java applications.
• Understand and use the Java Logging API.
• Understand and use inner classes.
• Understand Generics and use them with the Collections API.
• Learn about Java's Streams concept, and how to appy that to files using text and binary data.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies