Duration: 2 days
14 PDUs (1.4 CEUs)
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
This seminar emphasizes the importance and value of a well-defined project selection, prioritization, and portfolio management process, as the basis for logical decision making to ensure that critical resources are allocated to those projects that are aligned with corporate goals and objectives. Through interactive discussions and exercises, participants learn the practical application of portfolio management tools and techniques to effectively integrate strategic decision-making with operational project execution.
• Establishing a good process to screening and ranking projects
• Ensuring that the right data, on which to base portfolio decisions, is available
• How to evaluate a portfolio to ensure it is balanced with the right mix of projects
• Monitoring project and portfolio performance on a regular basis to ensure that portfolio objectives are being met
• Using portfolio performance data to make logical continuation, modification, or termination decisions
• Assessing a portfolio's overall performance with respect to corporate goals and objectives
• Revising the Project Portfolio Management process based on lessons learned
• Reviewing, at a high-level, a variety of portfolio management software packages.
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies