Duration: 2 days
14 PDUs (1.4 CEUs)
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
Many projects do not have a budget. Sponsors are happy if they see the Gantt Chart. As a result of that, there is often no clear picture of a project’s ROI. What is missing are the three different dimensions of the project budget: estimated, recommended and actual. In this seminar you will learn estimation tools and techniques that will help you estimate your project budget. You will learn proven tools and techniques to prepare accurate estimates and monitor budgets while controlling project progress through EVA and risk management.
• Cost Estimation and Budgeting – Tools and Techniques
• An understanding of the three basic cost estimating methods contained in the PMBOK® Guide, and the advantages and disadvantages of each
• The ability to prepare a basic cost estimate using bottom-up estimating
• The ability to evaluate the adequacy of a cost estimate prepared by a project team member
• The ability to prepare a project cost baseline, allocating estimated costs over the life-cycle of the project
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies