Duration: 3 days
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
Business process analysis is a fundamental activity supporting critical change efforts, whether you are defining changes to existing business systems, improving your business processes, or acquiring, merging, or splitting business units. Every business is searching for better ways of getting work done. Improving efficiency, decreasing costs, increasing productivity and customer service are universal goals. Innovation and faster time to market is critical in today’s environment. Doing things the way they’ve always been done is comfortable, but may hamper operational agility in the future.
• Practice a Framework for Process Improvement
• Initiate a process analysis effort with clear objectives and an agreed-upon goal.
• Identify and define complex business process steps using various modeling techniques such as ANSI, Swim Lane, Business Process Diagrams, UML, SIPOC, and Value Stream Maps
• Evaluate and prioritize potential improvements
• Identify the most important business component: Essential Processes
• Decompose complex processes into lower level tasks and sub-processes using a decomposition diagram.
• Identify changes, detail the impacts of each change, and develop a transition plan and backlog.
• Evaluate solution effectiveness
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies