Duration: 3 days
In this course, you will learn all the skills required to design good databases. This starts with information gathering: how to find all required information, and how to ask questions without miscommunications. You will learn how to abstract the information gathered into a data model, how to normalize the data model so that your database will be free of anomalies, and how to transform the final, normalized data model into a relational database design - ready to be implemented.
• Identify the types of models.
• Develop a process model (Data Flow Diagram).
• Use advanced data modeling techniques.
• Create the Physical Model, add several Physical Model objects, and generate the DDL.
• Use several real life examples to document business requirements.
• Work with design rules that can be applied to check and enforce the integrity and consistency of your designs.
• Work in a collaborative environment using Subversion.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies