Duration: 5 days
This five-day SharePoint Sever 2010 training class is intended for SharePoint Development professionals who are responsible for leading projects, designing solutions, and identifying problems. In this course, students learn the skills and best practices that are required to help organizations design and develop effective SharePoint applications.
• Learn to develop strategies for caching, session state, and designing for high performance sites by limiting page size and iteration.
• Learn to determine the most suitable presentation method, visual elements, programmatic objects and multilingual strategy which meets the design objectives.
• Learn to evaluate available data access and storage methods and to determine the appropriate implementation for the SharePoint application requirements.
• Learn to identify the pros and cons of various SharePoint data capture options and specify the most effective method or combination of methods for capturing user input.
• Learn to evaluate the use and implementation of SharePoint artifacts and determine which SharePoint artifacts best meet the needs of the SharePoint application requirements.
• Learn to design processing systems in SharePoint to get work done in the solution.
• Learn to create an effective strategy for implementation and deployment of custom solutions in both development and production environments.
• Learn to create a development strategy to allow multiple SharePoint developers and administrators to work together.
• Learn to devise a strategy for developing and deploying SharePoint application upgrades over time as the solution evolves.
• Learn to develop an information architecture strategy that will support flexibility and growth and a navigation strategy that fits on top of this information architecture.
• Learn to plan a comprehensive branding strategy and determine the necessary SharePoint application elements required to support that strategy.
• Learn to design and implement a security approach which supports both code access and end-user functionality.
• Learn to design an effective strategy for optimizing page render times and data access methods within SharePoint 2010.
• Learn to determine the appropriate use of unit and integration tests within SharePoint and design an effective strategy for insuring maximum code reliability.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies