Duration: 5 days
This Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure training introduces students to a series of Windows Server 2008 technologies that are used in common business scenarios, and are often the technical underpinnings for business applications. It guides students through the installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting of a Windows Server 2008 technology infrastructure for a large, comprehensive business application, assisting them with the foundational knowledge required for success in supporting such technologies. It covers technologies in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 including Sp1.
The training is intended for IT Professional technical specialists who work in the complex computing environment of a medium to large company and are responsible for the underlying Microsoft technologies that support a business application infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
This course is also intended for IT professional technical specialists seeking to prepare for the 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Application Infrastructure, Configuring examination.
• Learn to configure Storage for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications
• Learn to configure High Availability for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications
• Learn about RDS in the Single-Server Configuration
• Learn about RDS in the Multiple-Server Configuration
• Learn to Securely Deliver RDS Applications to the Internet
• Learn about IIS Web Applications
• Learn about IIS FTP and SMTP Services
• Learn about IIS Server and SSL Management
• Learn about Microsoft SharePoint Foundation
• Learn about Windows Streaming Media Services
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies