Duration: 3 days
This Windows 7 training is designed for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows XP and Windows Vista who work as Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) in Tier 2 support environments. The goal of this training is to enable these individuals to support the Windows 7 operating system and solve technical troubleshooting problems in a Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 networking environment.
The course helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-685, the final requirement for the Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (EDST) professional credential.
• Learn about the processes of establishing and using a troubleshooting methodology, and define the EDST job role and responsibilities.
• Learn to troubleshoot startup issues on a Windows 7 computer.
• Learn to troubleshoot client-configuration failures and Group Policy object (GPO) application issues.
• Learn to troubleshoot hardware device, device driver, and performance issues.
• Learn to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
• Learn to troubleshoot remote connectivity issues.
• Learn to troubleshoot logon and resource access issues.
• Learn to troubleshoot security system issues, such as Encrypting File Systems (EFS) BitLocker Drive Encryption, and file permissions.
• Learn to troubleshoot operating system and applications issues.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies