Duration: 5 days
This Windows 8 training provides students hands-on experience with Windows 8. It provides guidance on installing, upgrading, and licensing for Windows 8. Students will learn how to manage storage by creating simple, spanned, and striped volumes, and how to optimize file-system performance. Additionally, they will learn how to manage available disk space by using quotas. Students will also work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability issues, and to troubleshoot these issues.
• Learn to plan and perform the installation of Windows 8.
• Learn to install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system.
• Learn to configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers.
• Learn to configure network connectivity.
• Learn to install, configure, and maintain wireless network connections.
• Learn to implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections.
• Learn to share files and printers.
• Learn to implement tools that can help secure Windows 8 desktops.
• Learn to configure and control applications in Windows 8.
• Learn to optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers.
• Learn to configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
• Learn to create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications.
• Learn to determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures.
• Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies