Duration: 5 days
In this Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps Using C# training class students will learn essential programming skills and techniques that are required to develop Windows Store apps. This includes a combination of both design and development skills, as well as ensuring that students are comfortable using and making the most of the Microsoft Visual Studio and Expression Blend tools.
• Describe review the Windows 8 platform and features, and explore the basics of a Windows app interface.
• Learn to create the User Interface layout and structure by using XAML.
• Learn to use data binding to present data in the UI.
• Learn to implement the AppBar and layout controls.
• Learn to handle files and streams.
• Learn to respond to application lifecycle events using Process Lifetime Management and the PLM extensibility points provided by the Visual Studio 2012 templates.
• Learn to use templates to create the UI.
• Learn to handle navigation scenarios in a Windows Store app.
• Learn to design and implement contracts such as Search, Share and Settings.
• Learn to implement tiles and toast notifications in a Windows Store app.
• Learn to respond to mouse, keyboard and touch events, including gestures.
• Learn to deploy a Windows Store app to the Windows Store or an enterprise store.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies