Duration: 5 days
This five-day Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 training class teaches students how to implement self-service Business Intelligence (BI) and Big Data analysis solutions using the Microsoft data platform. The course discusses the rationale for self-service BI, and describes how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Office 365 Power BI to create self-service data models and reports. The course then goes on to describe how to use Windows Azure HDInsight to perform Big Data analysis.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
• Learn to describe key features and benefits of self-service BI.
• Use SQL Server Reporting Services to implement a self-service reporting solution.
• Learn to use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create analytical data models.
• Learn to use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to import data into a data model.
• Learn to use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
• Learn to use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
• Learn to use Microsoft SharePoint Server to implement collaborative self-service BI solutions.
• Learn to provision and use a Windows Azure HDInsight cluster for Big Data analysis.
• Learn to use Pig and Hive to analyze big data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
• Learn to design and implement Big Data processes to support self-service BI.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies