Duration: 5 days
This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to empower information workers through self-service analytics and reporting. Students will learn how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office 365 to deliver a self-service BI solution, and how to use Microsoft Windows Azure HDInsight to incorporate Big Data analysis into a BI scenario. Microsoft Azure and Office 365 are required or used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please check with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers please reference the course setup guide for more details.This course maps to skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-467, and in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help prepare you for the exam.
This course is intended for BI professionals such as BI Architects or database professionals who need to design BI solutions. BI Architects are responsible for the overall design of the BI infrastructure, including how it relates to other data systems in use. In addition, their responsibilities include Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube design and integration with Microsoft SharePoint or line-of-business applications.
• Learn to plan the components of a BI solution.
• Learn to plan a BI infrastructure.
• Learn to design a data warehouse.
• Learn to design an ETL solution.
• Learn to plan analytical data models.
• Learn to plan a BI delivery solution.
• Learn to design a Reporting Services solution.
• Learn to design an Excel reporting solution.
• Learn to plan a SharePoint Server BI solution.
• Learn to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
• Learn to plan for BI operations.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies