Duration: 5 days
In this five-day Implementing Desktop Application Environments training class, build the skills you need to design, deploy, and manage a physical and virtual Windows Server 2012 application management infrastructure, and focus on using Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1). You will also learn to design, deploy, and manage Windows 8 Enterprise applications in a physical and virtual environment and in the cloud. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises, have previous experience working with operating systems and running Windows Server 2012, and have taken course 20415: Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure or have equivalent skills. Note: This course maps to the skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 8 application deployments and managing the application environments for large organizations. People attending this training could be support technicians or currently in deployment roles and are considering taking the next step in their career or enhancing their skills in the areas of planning and deploying Windows 8 desktops.
A secondary audience for this course is IT professionals who are looking to take one or both exams: 70-415: Implementing an Enterprise Desktop and Device Infrastructure and 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification.
• Learn to design an application distribution strategy that is appropriate for an organizational environment.
• Learn to diagnose and remediate application compatibility problems for desktop and presentation virtualization-based deployments.
• Learn to use Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy applications to client devices.
• Learn to deploy applications centrally using Configuration Manager.
• Learn to configure self-service application deployment using Configuration Manager, Service Manager, and Windows 8 Application Store.
• Learn to design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization.
• Learn to prepare, deploy and manage applications for Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
• Learn to design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support application virtualization.
• Learn to virtualize and deploy applications by using App-V and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
• Learn to plan and configure the appropriate infrastructure to streamline the deployment of software updates to applications, and plan and configure application security.
• Learn to plan and implement application upgrades, supersedence, and application coexistence.
• Learn to monitor the deployment, performance, and utilization of applications and determine whether current application hosting platforms are meeting business needs.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies