Duration: 5 days
This class provides hands-on instruction and practice administering Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part two in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as DirectAccess, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments.
• Learn to deploy and Maintain Server Images.
• Learn to configure and Troubleshoot DNS.
• Learn to maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)..
• Learn to manage User and Service Accounts.
• Learn to implement a Group Policy Infrastructure.
• Learn to manage User Desktops with Group Policy.
• Learn to configure and Troubleshoot Remote Access.
• Learn to install, Configure and Troubleshoot Network Policy Server (NPS) role.
• Learn to implement Network Access Protection (NAP).
• Learn to optimize File Services.
• Learn to configure Encryption and Advanced Auditing.
• Learn to implement Update Management.
• Learn to monitor Windows Server 2012.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web conference
• Open discussion
• Case studies