Duration: 5 days
In this Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell training class, students will learn to remotely manage single or multiple Windows-based servers and automate day-to-day management and administration tasks.
This 5-day course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to use Windows PowerShell 3.0 for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers. It focuses on primary Windows PowerShell command-line features and techniques, and will provide prerequisite skills supporting many different Microsoft products. This includes Windows Server, Windows Client, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, System Center, and more. In keeping with that goal, this course will not focus on any one of those products, although Windows Server (which is the common platform for all of those) will serve as the example for the techniques being taught.
In this 5-day course you will learn to execute and monitor scripts more efficiently through more robust session connectivity, workflow capabilities, improved job scheduling, and Windows PowerShell Web Access. Learn Windows PowerShell with greater ease through improved cmdlet discovery and simplified, consistent syntax across all cmdlets. Write Windows PowerShell scripts quicker and more intuitively through the new Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) that enables script sharing, which connects IT pros to a larger Windows PowerShell user community.
• Understand the basic concepts behind Windows PowerShell.
• Work with the Pipeline.
• Understand how the Pipeline works.
• Use PSProviders and PSDrives.
• Format output.
• Use WMI and CIM
• Prepare for scripting.
• Moving from a command to a script to a module.
• Administer remote computers.
• Put the various Windows PowerShell components together.
• Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.
• Use advanced PowerShell techniques and profiles.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies