Duration: 2 days
This SharePoint training is designed to highlight the differentiating features of Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint, and enable participants to implement effective search-driven applications using this add-on. Topics include: product features, search architecture, FAST Web Crawler, FAST Query Language, numeric refiners, FAST Search scopes, linguistic capabilities, advanced content processing, relevancy and ranking.
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend FAST Search 2010 for SharePoint.
• Learn the product features, benefits, and usage.
• Learn to identity the search architectural components of the product.
• Learn to configure the FAST Web Crawler and describe FAST Search connector capabilities.
• Learn to construct FAST Query Language queries.
• Learn to configure numeric refiners and FAST search scopes.
• Learn to configure linguistics features like keywords, synonyms, stemming, spell checking, and offensive content filtering.
• Learn to implement advanced content processing.
• Learn to implement ranking profiles and optimize search results relevancy.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies