Duration: 3 days
This Microsoft Enterprise Search training prepares IT Professionals to administer enterprise search solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint. All aspects of administration are covered including search topologies, search sites, content crawling, federation, monitoring, and search reporting.
This course is intended for IT Professionals responsible for administering the search features of SharePoint Server 2010 and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
• Learn to design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
• Learn to configure content sources, crawl content, and troubleshoot and monitor the crawl process.
• Learn to create and configure enterprise search sites.
• Learn to create and configure managed properties, keywords, and SharePoint search scopes.
• Learn to create new federated locations and configure the federated web parts.
• Learn to monitor and configure search reports and web analytics.
• Learn to design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for FAST Search Server.
• Learn to install FAST Search Server standalone and multiple search server systems.
• Learn to determine when to use a FAST Search specialty connector and configure the FAST Web Crawler.
• Learn to configure FAST Search enhanced managed properties, FAST Search scopes, business based promotions and demotions, FAST Search keywords, and Visual Best Bets.
• Learn to implement a backup and restore plan for FAST Search Server.
• Learn to monitor the FAST Search Server and use command line utilities.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies