Duration: 5 days
This C# 4.0 class is designed for people who are new to .NET 4.0. The course highlights the structure of C# 4.0 programs, language syntax, and implementation details.
This C# course provides the prerequisite C# language knowledge necessary to begin learning to build ASP.NET 4.0 and Windows applications using C#; however, students do not learn to build those applications in this course.
• Understand the syntax of basic C# programming constructs.
• Learn to create and call methods in a C# application.
• Learn to catch, handle and throw exceptions.
• Learn to perform basic file IO operations in a C# application.
• Learn to create and use new types (enumerations, classes, and structures), and understand the differences between reference types and value types.
• Learn to control the visibility and lifetime of members in a type.
• Learn to use inheritance to create new reference types.
• Learn to manage the lifetime of objects and control the use of resources.
• Learn to define properties and indexers to encapsulate data, and define operators for this data.
• Learn to decouple an operation from the method that implements an operation, and use these decoupled operations to handle asynchronous events.
• Learn to use collections to aggregate data, and use Generics to implement type-safe collection classes, structures, interfaces, and methods.
• Learn to implement custom collection classes that support enumeration.
• Learn to query in-memory data by using LINQ.
• Learn to integrate code written by using a dynamic language such as Ruby and Python, or technologies such as COM, into a C# application.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies