Duration: 5 days
In this Visual Studio 2010 training class, experienced developers who know the basics of Windows Forms development gain more advanced Windows Client design and development skills. WinForms and WPF programming models, as well as relative strengths and when to use each technology, are covered.
This Visual Studio 2010 class is intended for Technology Specialists in the area of Windows Client Development who work in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create rich client applications for Windows.
• Understand how varying business requirements influence the design decisions when planning a Windows Client application.
• Understand the new features of Visual Studio 2010 WPF.
• Learn to design and build a UI that provides the expected end-user experience and UI functionality.
• Learn to create a consistent and manageable user interface.
• Understand best practices when testing and learn how to debug their applications.
• Learn to use advanced exception handling in Windows Client application scenarios.
• Learn to implement advanced data binding scenarios.
• Learn to use coding techniques to improve the responsiveness of their applications.
• Learn to implement localization, user assistance, and accessibility features within an application.
• Understand the basics of graphics in WPF.
• Learn to customize controls and introduce students to custom controls.
• Learn to implement application behaviors based on user actions or events by using attached properties and Expression Blend behaviors.
• Learn to develop data visualization within their applications in a manner that enables the application user to drill down into data visually.
• Learn to manage application state and settings throughout the application lifecycle.
• Learn to deploy their applications using the various methods supported by Visual Studio 2010.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies