Do you want to be an advanced Tableau user creating impactful visualizations? In this course, you’ll learn how to get the most out of Tableau Desktop by diving into calculations and applying them to real world scenarios. This will help you understand when a table calculation, calculation or LOD should be used and when they
You’ll get a better understanding of how to artfully prepare and organize your visualizations. This will be done through specific scenarios around analyzing time, geographic, and survey data. By the end of this course you’ll have a better grasp of advanced building techniques and calculations for creating innovative analysis and
Two days of live classroom or five days of virtual classroom instruction.
This is an advanced-level class. Students must have a solid understanding of calculations in Tableau before attending this class. It is highly recommended that students have mastered Desktop I and Desktop II or the equivalent concepts and skills before attending Desktop III.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
• Apply advanced calculations to gain additional insight into your data
• Incorporate advanced chart types into your analysis
• Apply advanced dashboarding techniques
• Use calculations, parameters, and table calculations in tandem
• Use Tableau techniques to address common business use cases
• Format your visualizations and dashboards for maximum impact
• Explore real world business scenario examples