This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
Two days of live classroom or five days of virtual classroom instruction.
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Build more complex chart types and visualizations.
• Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
• Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
• Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
• Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
• Prep your data for analysis.
• Combine data sources using data blending.
• Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
• Make your visualizations perform as well as possible by using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
• Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
• Implement efficiency tips and tricks.