This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
Two days of live classroom or virtual classroom instruction.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Connect to your data.
• Edit and save a data source.
• Understand Tableau terminology.
• Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
• Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations.
• Represent your data using the following visualization types:
• Cross tabs
• Geographic maps
• Heat maps
• Tree maps
• Pie charts and bar charts
• Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
• Highlight Tables
• Scatter Plots
• Build dashboards to share visualizations.