Duration: 3 days
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
This course will teach you a range of techniques for elicitation, analysis, documentation and managing requirements. All with the help of a detailed case study that allows you to practice applying the techniques you learn. Some of the key areas we’ll look at include requirements categorization, prioritization and documentation, traceability and management of changes to requirements, and use case modelling and stories.
• Assess an organization’s problems and needs in light of its strategies, objectives, and industry position
• Proactively seek out requirements that help improve a business
• Contribute to the selection of high-value initiatives through enterprise analysis and cost-benefit analysis
• Undertake rigorous mapping and benefits management activities to enable the successful execution of strategy
• Develop high-level enterprise models that facilitate business transformation
• Identify and analyze internal control requirements to minimize an organization’s exposure to risk
• Act as a mentor and reviewer for less experienced analysts
• Conduct effective management presentations
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies