Duration: 5 days
40 PDUs (4.0 CEUs)
Group discounts available.
Associate degree, or global equivalent, plus 1-3 years of information and management systems experience.
The Requirements and User Story training offers a comprehensive, hands-on introduction to authoring high quality user stories combining various techniques. Because User Stories helps us manage requirements. Since User Stories focus on the underlying Agile values of collaboration and Just-In-Time definition, it makes them a good Agile tool.
• Trace requirements' relationships to/from other requirements and to/from other elements upstream and/or downstream
• Capture/maintain requirements' attributes
• Assess and prioritize requirements
• Manage changes to requirements
• Manage project/product scope
• Plan, monitor and control implementation of requirements/design
• Manage requirements quality
• Analyze impact of proposed changes to requirements/design
• Plan/optimize resource utilization
• Reuse requirements within and across projects and solutions
• Provide practical tools and techniques to ensure your user stories meet the characteristics of INVEST
• Utilize the core component analysis approach to ensure that a cohesive set of user stories exist
• Take user stories from their raw state to refine them into a ready state
• Understand the capturing of acceptance criteria; examples and scenarios
• Identify how to triage change requests and determine where they fit in the backlog
• Review and create traceability of stories to their features and to their initiative or epic to ensure that the context of the project is defined
• Define and assign business value to prioritize and help manage minimal viable product discussions
Who Should Attend
Managers, team leaders, supervisors and functional managers.
Method of Delivery
• Onsite/Live class instructions or Online web seminar
• Open discussion
• Case studies